The fix for us was to increase Pagespeed’s caches and to give the host (it’s a VM) more RAM.
These are the values that we set:
- Set the target size (in kilobytes) for file cache.
- Set the total size, in KB, of the per-process in-memory LRU cache.
- Set the maximum byte size entry to store in the per-process in-memory LRU cache.
This is what we set them to:
ModPagespeedFileCacheSizeKb 102400 ModPagespeedLRUCacheKbPerProcess 1024 ModPagespeedLRUCacheByteLimit 16384
Use these with care and make sure that your host has enough RAM to fit everything into memory without paging.
Original Image from my Flickr Feed.