WordPress 2.7.1 Editor

I recently upgraded this WordPress installation from 2.7 to 2.7.1 using Dreamhost’s upgrade tools. However, the friggin’ feckin’ post editor is busted, at least in Firefox 3.0.6 on Ubuntu Intrepid. I can still use the QuickPress editor, which is only good for basic posts. If I want to add images or files, I’d have to manually upload them and link to them … anyways what a pain. If your planning on upgrading to WordPress 2.7.1 I’d suggest you wait a wee bit.

The problem I’m having is that on the “New Post” page, where the categories sections should be is instead an embedded (maybe an iFrame) of the WordPress Dashboard. When I try and type in the editor the pages changes to a near blank page with only the editor buttons showing. Grrrr …

I’ve tried the following steps (recommended on various sites and forums) to no avail:

  • Disabled all plugins
  • Disabled Google Gears
  • Cleared the browser cache

However, it works fine in KDE’s Konqueror browser. When I get the time, I may compare the generated HTML, and see if I can determine what’s causing the problem. Here’s a screenshot … sheesh now I can’t even insert a screenshot using Konqueror gotta do it manually. Look at the “Categories” section on the right-hand side:

5 thoughts on “WordPress 2.7.1 Editor”

  1. I’m not experiencing that issue but I’m using a clean install of 2.7.1 on Dreamhost. I did not use their quick tools to install either. Installed manually myself. I wonder if their upgrade script can cause errors? Currently I’m using Iceweasel 3.0.6 in Debian Lenny so probably very similar to your current browser setup.

  2. Last night I did a test post using Iceweasel on my Debian Desktop and there weren’t any problems. So it’s something specific to my FF setup on my Ubuntu powered laptop. So far I’ve cleared the cache, cleared cookies for this site, and disabled Google Gears for this site. Next step is to start Firefox in safe-mode or with a new profile.

    Thanks for the comment. 🙂
    Mick

  3. The editor works fine in Safe-Mode (start FF with the -safe-mode flag and in the dialog box that pops up disable all of the extensions).

    I removed Google Gears, restarted FF in normal mode and the editor works. I’m guessing it was some weird caching issue with Google Gears.

Leave a Reply to Christopher Giroir Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.